Chapter 1. Registered User Agreement
Section 1. General Provisions
1. BitoPro refers to the Bito Group, specifically Bito Technology Corporation Limited. BitoPro is dedicated to promoting virtual assets. To offer comprehensive high-quality services to our clients, we have established the BitoPro virtual asset trading platform (https://www.bitopro.com/ns/home, BitoPro Virtual Currency Exchange on AppStore, BitoPro Virtual Currency Exchange on Google Play, hereafter referred to as "the Website"). We aim for BitoPro to make virtual asset trading more user-friendly and secure. In compliance with the laws and regulations of the Republic of China(Taiwan), BitoPro provides its users with professional trading matchmaking and other services published on the Website (hereafter referred to as "this service" or "BitoPro service").
3. You understand and agree that users are prohibited from using the Website and this service for money laundering, financing terrorism, commercial bribery, fraud, and other potentially illegal transactions. If BitoPro discovers any suspected illegal activities, we reserve the right to suspend, cancel, and/or terminate your BitoPro account and/or prohibit or freeze transactions, and will immediately report the same to law enforcement agencies. You will need to provide official government documentation from law enforcement agencies to request BitoPro to unfreeze transaction funds and restore your BitoPro account. However, you understand and agree that BitoPro may refuse your request based on these Terms or for internal policy or risk control reasons.
4. You acknowledge that you have thoroughly read all the terms herein, understand, and accept its contents. The terms include the main text and all policies, statements, rules, etc., released by BitoPro now or in the future. All such content are an integral part of these Terms with equivalent legal force. BitoPro reserves the right to modify the terms at any time. Please regularly check for updates. Updated terms will be posted on the Website and become effective immediately upon publication. The decision to either accept or reject the post-modification terms and, by extension, to utilize BitoPro's services and access or engage with this website, rests solely within your discretion. The continued utilization of this website's services denotes your acceptance of such modifications. In the event that you decline to acquiesce to these terms, kindly cease all usage of this website and its services forthwith.
5. In accordance with the laws and regulations of your nationality, residence, or location, you might not be able to use all features of the Website. Currently, BitoPro does not accept registrations from individuals with citizenship from China, Hong Kong, Macau, and the United States. When visiting the Website and using its services, you should comply with the regulations and laws of the country of your nationality and residence. Should the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside, or the laws that are applicable to you, proscribe the issuance or sale of virtual currencies, please do not register or use this exchange. In the event that BitoPro terminates the service on its own due to the reasons stated in Section 1, Article 5 of these terms, BitoPro will not be responsible for any legal and financial liabilities or losses that may arise therefrom. If you conceal or provide false, untrue, or incomplete information for account creation with BitoPro, you bear the responsibility for any violations of applicable laws and BitoPro may seek compensation for any damages incurred as a consequence thereof.
6. Information on the Website serves solely to assist users in making independent decisions. BitoPro endeavors to ensure the accuracy of the information on the Websit. Please be advised that any modifications or alterations to the information or content shall not be subject to individual notifications. BitoPro does not provide any warranty pertaining to the precision, applicability, reliability, completeness, or performance of any service or product content and will not be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, delays, or failures in information transmission of messages. BitoPro hereby disclaims any liability concerning the interpretation or use of such information.
7. The collaboration between BitoPro and partner banks is solely provide services related users' fiat currency deposit and withdrawal services held in trust. In the event of any disputes or disagreements arising between a user and BitoPro, such matters shall not be attributed to or involve BitoPro's partner banks.
Section 2. Eligibility for Use
1. By registering and using the services of BitoPro, accessing the Website, and utilizing your BitoPro account, you hereby declare and affirm that you comply at least one of the following criteria:
(1) You have attained the legal age of majority and possess full legal capacity to engage in transactions; or
(2) You are an individual, legal entity, or another type of entity endowed with full legal ability and authority to agree into these Terms.
By proceeding, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms, as well as any supplemental terms, and you undertake to assume all legal and financial liabilities for all activities and actions under your BitoPro account.
2. If, under the laws applicable to you, you are classified as a person with restricted legal capacity or are deemed legally incapacitated, or if you are prohibited from using these services based on the regulations of your jurisdiction, kindly refrain from accessing this website and utilizing its services. If you lack full civil rights and capacities but still access and use the services and click the "agree" button to register, such actions shall be construed as signifying your registration and utilization of BitoPro services under the consent and representation of your legal guardian as mandated by law . By effecting this, you explicitly acknowledge and consent to assume all legal and financial liabilities for activities conducted under your BitoPro account, and you may be obligated to compensate BitoPro for any resulting damages. Furthermore, BitoPro reserves the right to immediately cancel or terminate your BitoPro account, prohibit transactions, freeze funds, or take any necessary actions. Both you and your legal representative or guardian shall be jointly and severally responsible to compensate BitoPro for any damages incurred due to your use of the services.
Section 3. Service Content and Standards
1. Users possess the right to access real-time market data and transactional information related to virtual assets on the Website. They can submit virtual asset trading instructions through BitoPro, complete virtual asset transactions, view messages under their accounts, and use the features provided by BitoPro.
2. You acknowledge and agree that, based on operational and transactional security needs, the Website may suspend or limit some of its service features, or introduce new features without prior notification. If users continue to utilize the service after any modifications, they are deemed to accept the terms or any subsequent amendments.
4. BitoPro retains the authority to remove any user content on the Website that does not comply with any national laws, regulations, or the Website's provisions, without any obligation to inform the user in advance.
Section 4. Account Registration
1. To access any services on the Website, you must provide your name, email address, mobile number, or other personal details during the registration process, create a BitoPro account with a username and password, and acknowledge your acceptance of these Terms. You should ensure the accuracy, completeness, and truthfulness of the information provided.
2. Considering factors such as operational costs, market conditions, transaction safety, or upon requests from our partnering banks, BitoPro may, at any time establish and adjust the minimum and maximum limits or associated account level permissions or related service fees for all or parts of this service. If there are any new adjustments to account level permissions, transaction rules, or service fees, you will be notified following the provisions mentioned in Chapter 1, Section 1, Clause 4 of these Terms, and these changes will take effect once you receive the notice. If you choose to continue using the service, it is assumed you have read, understood, and agreed to the updated transaction rules. For detailed restrictions, please refer to the transaction rules announced on the Website.
3. Upon successful registration, you must ensure the authenticity and comprehensiveness of the provided information. In the event of any alterations,you are responsible to update the information promptly. Should BitoPro possess any grounds to suspect the accuracy, authenticity, currency, or comprehensiveness of any furnished information, BitoPro reserves the prerogative to dispatch a notification requesting the rectification and/or authentication of your information.. We may, based on the results, take measures we deem reasonably necessary, including but not limited to partial or complete suspension of this service or direct termination of this service. If the Website is unable to contact with you through the contact details you provided, you shall be held fully responsible for any losses or costs incurred by BitoPro during your usage of BitoPro services. By confirming your agreement herewith, you acknowledge and consent that you are obligated to promptly update all information in the event of any changes..
4. By registering a BitoPro account, you grant BitoPro the authority, either directly or through its affiliated partners, to conduct any necessary investigationsfor verifying your identity, protecting you, other users, and/or BitoPro from potential fraud or other financial crimes. Actions appropriate to the outcome of the investigations, as deemed by BitoPro, will be taken. You also acknowledge and agree that your personal and transactional information may be disclosed to investigative agencies, regulatory authorities' designated reporting platforms, and BitoPro's partnering banks.
5. It is your responsibility to adequately preserveand maintain your account details, password, and any credentials, verification codes, or other information provided by the Website. You understand and agree that you shall not transfer, in your name or otherwise, your credentials to any third-party, share them with any partner, or intentionally or unintentionally disclose your BitoPro account or password, or provide any means for any third party to guess your BitoPro account or password.
6. A BitoPro account can only be used by the individual who registered it. If you suspect or discover any unauthorized use of your username and password, you should promptly notify BitoPro at firstname.lastname@example.org , requesting the suspension of your account services. BitoPro shall not assume liability for any responsibilities, , losses, or damages arising from the use of your BitoPro account by you or any partner (regardless of whether such utilization not authorized by you).
7. Upon successful registration, your BitoPro account will include the following:
(1) A virtual asset wallet provided by BitoPro, hereinafter referred to as the "Virtual Asset Wallet". The functionalities of this wallet will vary based on your location and at BitoPro's discretion, catering specifically to certain virtual assets.
8. Apart from the aforementioned situations, you understand and agree that for operational and transactional security needs, BitoPro may, as deemed necessary, reconfirm user identities and/or undertake the following actions:
(1) Refuse your registration or activation of BitoPro services and this Website.
(2) Based on internal policy or risk control considerations, limit or halt your use of any or all BitoPro services and/or the Website, and at BitoPro's discretion, decide on the method of settling and returning the balance of your fiat currency trading wallet and virtual assets (e.g., notifying you to withdraw within a specified period).
(3) Limit the number of accounts that a single user can create or maintain.
(4) BitoPro reserves the right to suspend, restrict, or halt your use of any or all BitoPro services and/or the Website if:
C. When conducting transactions that exceed the limits set by the user's level limit;
D. There's more than a year gap between the user's transactions;
E. Users who have already verified their identity cannot reapply for verification with a different mobile phone number or email address. Also, the same mobile phone number or email cannot be used for registration by different users;
F. Situations where the website, based on other evidence, finds it necessary to re-verify the user's identity or the trading platform deems it necessary to suspend transactions;
G. If you and BitoPro enter into judicial proceedings due to disputes arising from the use of this website or BitoPro services, it signifies that the mutual trust necessary for continued transactions between both parties has been undermined;
H. The activities or actions under your BitoPro account are determined by BitoPro to have violated criminal or administrative laws (including, but not limited to, fraud, BitoPro’s anti-money laundering, and anti-terrorism regulations); or
I. If you, without the written consent of BitoPro, transfer, gift, lend, or dispose of your BitoPro account to another person in any way.
Section 5. Circumstances of Transaction Anomalies
1. You acknowledge and agree that the service may become unavailable due to issues related to the virtual asset network connection or other uncontrollable factors. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of the data you input. If, due to inaccurate data, our platform cannot promptly notify users about subsequent handling methods in the event of the aforementioned anomalies, BitoPro will not bear any liability for damages.
2. Unless otherwise agreed upon, all transactions are deemed final and irrecovocable. Before executing a transaction, you should carefully review all transaction details, including but not limited to the virtual asset price, order volume, fees, and the direction of purchase or sale. You acknowledge and agree that you can only proceed with the transaction by clicking the button after accepting all the information contained in the transaction details. You also agree that any fees paid to BitoPro are non-refundable. BitoPro reserves the right to cancel orders, revoke transaction results, or execute reverse transactions under specific circumstances according to its policies:
(1) We consider an order or transaction to have constituted an abuse of the platform's trading rules, including but not limited to market manipulation actions.
(2) Orders or transactions that are clearly erroneous due to price, quantity, or other factors;.
(3) Any actions based on laws, regulations, or requirements from governmental authorities.
(4) At our sole discretion, deciding to limit the size or frequency of transactions, or to restrict the use of APIs.
(5) Other potential anomalies, including those caused by system failures, network issues, DDos hacker attacks, and other unexpected factors leading to abnormal trades or market interruptions, among other potential anomalies.
Section 6. Risks Associated with Virtual Asset Trading
1. Virtual asset are not recognized as legal tender and do not have a legally mandated value. Their legal status might affect obligations related to ownership, investment, or trading of virtual assets, including legal, reporting, and tax-related obligations. You should independently determine and comply with the legal position and requirements of virtual assets, and adhere to any and all relevant legal and tax provisions or reporting requirements.
2. You understand and agree that trading in virtual assets involves significant risks, and trading or holding virtual assets might result in losses. Based on your financial situation, you should carefully consider whether to engage in virtual asset trading. You understand that BitoPro does not offer investment or consultation advice and is not responsible for the use or interpretation of information provided on BitoPro or other communication mediums. While BitoPro may provide information regarding virtual assets prices, volatility, news, and other aspects, such information should not be considered as investment advice. You also agree not to interpret it as such.
3. BitoPro cannot warrantee an orderly and stable virtual asset market. BitoPro also cannot ensure that anyone will accept virtual assets as payment for goods or services. Furthermore, virtual assets may be expressly prohibited by legislation in any jurisdiction worldwide. Users should exercise caution when trading in virtual assets (or any other assets). You acknowledge and understand that the virtual asset market, unlike the stock market, does not have trading halt limits regarding price limits on increases or decreases and remain operates 24 hours a day. You may experience substantial gains or losses. The value of any virtual asset can fluctuate widely, and it might even become worthless. Therefore, you should evaluate the investment value and risks of virtual assets based on your personal financial situation and risk appetite, control your risks. You are solely responsible for managing these risks and assuming the full economic risk of any potential investment losses.
4. You agree and understand that the services provided by BitoPro are based on current technologies and conditions. BitoPro endeavors to offer the best service and ensure service continuity and security, however, BitoPro cannot predict and preemptively prevent legal, technical, and other risks at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, force majeure, viruses, trojans, hacking attacks, system instability, third-party service flaws, government actions, and other factors that may cause service interruptions, data loss, and other losses and risks.
5. When using our services, if you or your transaction instructions are erroneous (including but not limited to price, quantity, etc.) leading to losses in your trade, unless caused by the rules of the Website, you shall bear the loss responsibility.
6. If national laws, regulations, and normative documents are established or amended, leading to a suspension or prohibition of virtual asset transactions, resulting in losses, or any losses attributable to your own actions, you shall solely bear these losses. Reasons attributable to users include, but are not limited to: not following transaction prompts, delays in transaction operations, forgetting or leaking passwords, passwords being cracked, and your device being compromised.
7. When using our services, if you gain unjust benefits due to potential, yet undiscovered vulnerabilities in the Website's transaction rules or transaction instruction errors, BitoPro will seek restitution. You must effectively cooperate. Failure to do so may result in BitoPro taking measures including, but not limited to, restricting account transactions, freezing account funds, or taking legal action. Any costs incurred by BitoPro due to your non-cooperation will also be borne by you.
8. By using BitoPro services and the Website, you acknowledge and agree that you fully understand the associated risks and considerations. You hereby waive any and all claims against BitoPro and its affiliates (including but not limited to their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, attorneys, and any other entities or individuals involved in the creation, production, or delivery of BitoPro services and the Website, hereafter referred to as "BitoPro and its Affiliates") for any losses or damages resulting from such risks related to your virtual asset transactions. Please refer to BitoPro's Risk Disclosure Statement for a detailed understanding of the various risks involved in virtual asset transactions. This Risk Disclosure Statement is for reference only and cannot comprehensively list all the risks associated with holding or trading virtual assets. Therefore, you should still be fully aware of other potential risks.
Section 7. Transaction Process and Fees
2. Prior to trading, users should carefully read the full content of the transaction information, including but not limited to the price of virtual assets, order volume, fees, buying or selling direction. Users should only click to proceed with a transaction after fully accepting all the content contained in the transaction information.
3. You are able to deposit virtual assets into your BitoPro account from both the virtual asset wallets provided by BitoPro and external virtual asset wallets offered by providers other than BitoPro (hereafter referred to as "External Virtual Asset Wallets").
4. If you require to withdraw funds from the fiat currency trading wallet in your BitoPro account, you are obligated to link your own bank account to your BitoPro account. The designated bank account must undergo verificationby BitoPro and/or its service providers or partnering banks. Each user's BitoPro account can only be linked to one bank account. Verification typically takes 3 to 5 business days, subject to bank operating hours. If the newly added bank account does not pass verification by BitoPro and/or its service providers, any deposited fiat currency amount will be refunded by BitoPro to the unverified bank account.
5. Upon completing the aforementioned verification, you can proceed to deposit fiat currency into the fiat trading wallet through the linked and verified bank account. Please note that BitoPro can only supports deposit into the fiat trading wallet through ATM/WebATM transfers or online bank transfers. Other methods will not be able to deposit into the linked fiat trading wallet of your BitoPro. Moreover, the funds within your fiat trading wallet will not accrue interest. The funds within the fiat trading wallet of your BitoPro account can only be used for transactions on BitoPro.
6. Under these Terms, you may withdraw virtual assets from your BitoPro virtual asset wallet to an external virtual asset wallet. Upon withdrawal of virtual assets to an external virtual asset wallet, you shall incur additional transaction fees. Furthurmore, you hereby agree to disclosure of personal information (including but not limited to: name, wallet address, identification document number/address, birth date, birthplace) asscociared with the owner of the external virtual asset walletin compliance with directives from regulatory authorities, mandated by laws, or stipulated by our internal controls.
You may also withdraw the balance of your fiat trading wallet to a linked and verified bank account. Please note that withdrawals from the fiat trading wallet cannot be facilitated through ATMs or over-the-counter methods You understand that withdrawing fiat currency to your linked and verified bank account will approximately take 5 business days.
7. When an order is partially or fully matched with one or multiple corresponding orders, one or multiple trades (hereinafter referred to as "transactions") shall be executed. BitoPro shall settle each transaction instantly by transferring funds between accounts. The virtual asset transactions on our platform are carried out through automated computerized trading; however, we may opt for other methods if deemed necessary.
8. Should a user intends to purchase virtual assets, the user must, deposit adequate transaction funds (whether in fiat currency or virtual asset) on our platform; otherwise, the user is prohibited from submitting any transaction order. The user further agrees to make transaction orders only within the extent of the transaction funds balance in the designated account on our website, which is sufficient to cover the full transaction amount and any associated fees that our platform may charge.
9. Users can review corresponding transaction records in the transaction details within the member center to confirm their transaction history. Should you require to retrieve transaction records within the last 5 years, you may contact BitoPro customer service. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that BitoPro may charge a service fee of NTD 1,000 per request for providing the retrieval of records. .
10. You agree to bear all relevant fees and payable amounts due and authorize BitoPro to deduct these fees and amounts from your virtual asset wallet and fiat trading wallet balance. All fees and amounts due will be clearly displayed in your BitoPro account. This fee schedule may be modified, changed, or updated at any time without prior notice. Fees and amounts due will be determined by the fee schedule announced at the time of order placement or transaction execution and are binding on both you and the trading party.
11. BitoPro does not support any virtual currency transactions based on Smart Contracts, including but not limited to Initial Coin Offerings. The "Virtual Asset Type" and the "Wallet Address Type for Sending or Receiving Virtual Assets" must correspond accurately. BitoPro does not endorse the sending or receiving of virtual assets to/from wallet addresses of different types of virtual assets. For instance, sending BITCOIN CASH (BCH) to a BITCOIN (BTC) address is unsupported. If users undertake unsupported virtual asset transactions, resulting in loss of virtual assets, within the maximum extent permitted by law, BitoPro will not be liable for recovering assets lost due to sent or received to an incorrect wallet address, nor will it compensate related losses,. BitoPro also does not support any kind of blockchain fork or the virtual assets created or forked from it. If you intend to send or receive forked virtual assets, ensure you transfer your assets to a supportive provider before the fork. If BitoPro agrees to help recover assets lost due to your breach of these Terms, you must compensate BitoPro for the additional costs, time, and fees incurred. You agree that BitoPro can deduct these fees from the recovered assets and only return the remaining amount. You understand and acknowledge the processing time can be up to 3-5 months, and the service fees may exceed the value of the lost virtual assets.
Section 8. User Rights, Obligations, Authorization, and Usage Restrictions
1. User Rights, Obligations, and Authorization
(1) Users are entitled to receive the services provided by BitoPro as stipulated in these Terms and have the right to terminate the use of such services at any time.
(2) Users are entitled to request a withdrawal of virtual assets stored with BitoPro and fiat currency held in trust with partner banks. However, they must pay the corresponding withdrawal fees to BitoPro and the associated banks.
(3) Users are responsible for the authenticity, validity, and security of the personal data they provide during registration.
(4) Users have the right to inquire, request access to, or request a copy of their personal data from BitoPro. BitoPro may refuse to provide this based on the following conditions:
A. The provision of data may hinder anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, or anti-terrorism regulations.
B. It may jeopardize the significant interests of BitoPro or third parties, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, trade secrets, or other business interests.
(5) All information published by users on BitoPro in any form should adhere to national laws, regulations, and website-specific provisions, comply with social norms and public morality, and must not infringe upon the legal rights and interests of any collaborating entities. Users will bear all legal consequences arising from non-compliance.
(6) You agree and authorize BitoPro to access, preserve, or disclose your BitoPro account information and content under the following circumstances:
A. To comply with laws or administrative regulations.
B. To enforce or administer these Terms and any supplementary terms, including but not limited to investigating potential violations.
C. To comply or proactively collaborate with judicial, tax authorities, or other governmental entities.
D. To address requests you make for customer service.
E. To detect, prevent, or address issues of fraud, security, or technical nature.
F. To adhere to the routine or reasonable data requests of fiat currency service providers.
G. To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of BitoPro, users of BitoPro services, or the Website, and the general public.
(7) "Content" as referred to in these Terms denotes all information, data, text, links, software, photos, graphics, videos, messages, labels, or any other materials provided on BitoPro services and the Website, regardless of whether the material is published, uploaded, shared, submitted, or created by you or other users of BitoPro services and the Website.
2. Prohibited Activities for Users
(1) You acknowledge and agree not to use BitoPro and the Website to engage in the following activities:
A. Upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise provide content that is illegal, offensive, threatening, abusive, harassing, pornographic, infringing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, slanderous, invades the privacy of others, hateful, racially discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable;
B. Advocate discrimination, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm towards any individual or group;
C. Impersonate any entity or party, falsely state, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any entity or party;
D. Upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise provide content that you are not permitted to use under applicable laws, contractual obligations, or fiduciary relationships (e.g., inside information, proprietary and confidential information obtained or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
E. Upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise provide content that infringes upon the patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, or other proprietary rights of any party;
F. Upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise provide any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
G. Upload, post, transmit, distribute, or otherwise provide any material that contains software viruses or any other malicious code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment;
H. Disregard, violate, or fail to comply with any guidelines, procedures, policies, or regulations applicable to any of the services provided by BitoPro and the Website;
I. Intentionally or negligently violate or encourage any behavior that would violate local, state, national, or international law;
J. Advocate, encourage, or engage in acts of terrorism or provide support to terrorist entities;
K. Stalk or otherwise harass other users of the BitoPro services and the Website;
L. Collect or store personal data of other users of the BitoPro services and the Website without their explicit consent or permission; and
M. Encourage, facilitate, or assist any third party in engaging in any of the activities listed above.
(2) Users shall not maliciously disrupt the normal proceedings of virtual asset transactions on BitoPro, disrupt trading order, nor utilize any technical means or other methods to interfere with the normal operation of BitoPro or interfere with other users' utilization of BitoPro services.
(3) Users warrantee not to use the services or the Website on behalf of others or for any unlawful purposes, including but not limited to money laundering, funding terrorists, etc. Users also must not engage in any improper activities that may harm the reputation or credibility of the Website.
(4) BitoPro prohibits users from using the Website in any form as a venue, platform, or medium for illegal activities. Without prior authorization or permission from BitoPro, users must not engage in any commercial activities in the name of the site, nor should they use BitoPro in any form as a venue, platform, or medium for commercial activities.
3. You understand and agree that if you violate any provisions of these Terms, BitoPro reserves the right to take all necessary measures without prior notice, including but not limited to deleting user-posted content (including content related to personal data), suspending or freezing user accounts, revoking any benefits gained through violations, terminating the services provided to the user (i.e., terminating these Terms with the user), and even pursuing legal actions against the user.
4. You understand and agree that BitoPro has the right to delete any information on the Website that does not comply with legal regulations or these Terms (including information related to personal data), without the obligation to notify the user.
Chapter 2. Compliance with Anti-Money Laundering Laws
1. To prevent money laundering activities and in alignment with the "Anti-Money Laundering Act," "Counter-Terrorism Financing Act," " Regulations Governing Anti-Money Laundering of Financial Institutions" "Anti-Money Laundering Regulations for Financial Institutions," "Guidelines for Managing Virtual Asset Platforms and Trading Businesses (VASP)," "Self-regulatory Norms for Managing Virtual Asset Platforms and Trading Businesses (VASP)," and other relevant provisions, you and/or your associates (including but not limited to statutory agents, responsible persons, representatives, authorized persons, beneficial owners, etc.) agree that BitoPro may conduct comprehensive and thorough customer due diligence processes and measures, as well as continuous analysis and reporting. This includes monitoring suspicious transactions and mandatory or proactive reporting to regulatory agencies:
(5) BitoPro will implement user identity verification procedures and retain data and transaction records obtained from this verification process. Transactions exceeding a certain amount (based on account level regulations and BitoPro's internal risk control policies) and suspicious transactions will be reported to BitoPro's partner banks and relevant government agencies.
(6) When judicial and administrative law enforcement agencies or as per legal provisions request records of transactions above a certain amount and suspicious transactions, BitoPro will provide the relevant reports.
(7) BitoPro will cooperate with judicial and administrative law enforcement agencies to prevent money laundering and will also assist relevant government agencies in their inquiries. BitoPro will prohibit users from withdrawing, transferring, making payments, delivering, and other related actions.
(8) During user registration or in cases of lost transaction passwords, BitoPro will identify and match the identity verification information provided by the user. Users should provide and upload copies of both sides of their ID cards. If there are reasonable suspicions based on facts and reasons that a user has registered with a false identity, BitoPro reserves the right to refuse registration or to revoke an already registered account. The name of the remitter must also match the name on the identity verification.
(9) BitoPro will, according to applicable laws, policies, and in fulfillment of obligations with partners, retain certain user personal information, transaction data, and other documents. BitoPro hereby expressly states its right to retain such information and documents and reserves the right to disclose this information and documents to partner banks or government agencies without prior notice to the user.
(10) Apart from the aforementioned provisions, to comply with relevant anti-money laundering regulations (including subsequent updates, additions, or revisions, and administrative orders, regulations, directives, and guidance from the competent authority), BitoPro may legally take other anti-money laundering measures against you and/or your associates.
2. If you and/or your associates' use of BitoPro services or the transaction volume on your BitoPro account reaches a certain frequency or threshold, BitoPro may require you to provide further personal information (including but not limited to proof of financial status, passport, proof of source of funds, etc.) for identity verification to comply with the website's anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, and counter-terrorism regulations and to maintain market order. If you disagree with providing your additional personal information, you may be unable to use part or all of the functions of this website or BitoPro services.
5. You and/or your associates agree that any damage or adverse effects arising from the actions taken by BitoPro, its affiliates, and partner banks in accordance with this clause shall be borne by you and/or your associates. BitoPro, its affiliates, and partner banks shall not be liable for damages.
6. You understand and agree that even if you terminate your relationship with BitoPro, or BitoPro terminates its relationship with you, or you abandon your application for an account with BitoPro, the provisions of Chapter 2 of this terms shall still apply.
2. In regard to your use of BitoPro services and the Website, interactions between you and other users, and third-party partners, and actions or activities of third-party partners you agree with or represent that involve any behaviors or activities stipulated in Section 8, Article 2 of Chapter 1 and/or as mandated by law (including but not limited to the "Anti-Money Laundering Act", "Counter-Terrorism Financing Act", "Regulations for Virtual Asset Platform Operators and Transaction Businesses in Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing" or "Anti-Money Laundering Procedures for Financial Institutions" and other related provisions) and deemed by BitoPro's internal risk control management policy to potentially involve suspicious transactions, BitoPro reserves the right to monitor, review, retain, and disclose any information at any time to comply with relevant laws, regulations, sanctions, legal processes, or government requests.
Chapter 4. Tax
1. Users are solely responsible for determining the applicability and scope of any taxes associated with transactions they conduct using BitoPro services or the Website. Users must also decide on their own whether to withhold, deduct, collect, report, pay, declare, and remit the correct amount of taxes to the relevant tax authorities.
2. BitoPro and its partner banks will provide your personal information and/or your transaction records to the tax authorities upon the request of said authorities.
3. BitoPro will issue invoices on a daily basis following the next-day debit, in accordance with tax laws.
Chapter 5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
1. The BitoPro services, the Website, and the content provided herein may contain some yet-to-be-identified issues. The BitoPro services, the Website, and its content are provided "as is" status. It is recommended that you use the BitoPro services, the Website, and its content with caution and conduct necessary verifications and judgements. You should not solely rely on the BitoPro services, the Website, or its content and any accompanying instructions or information. BitoPro does not warrant that it will provide BitoPro services, the Website, and its content perpetually (including, but not limited to, any specific features of the BitoPro services and the Website for all or any specific period). BitoPro does not make any warranties regarding any matter, modification, or improvement of the BitoPro services, the Website, or its content. BitoPro specifically disclaims any implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of quality, performance, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, or warranties arising from the course of dealing, custom, or trade practice.
2. Any verbal or written advice or information obtained from BitoPro services, the Website, or its content does not create any warranties not expressly stated herein and does not constitute a service contract or content. The information provided on the Website is for reference purposes only, and it is recommended that you verify it yourself. You should bear all responsibilities for all your transactions or for holding virtual assets.
3. You understand and agree that BitoPro and its associates bear no responsibility for the delay, postponement, or failure in the transfer of funds between fiat currency transaction wallet balances caused by any of the following circumstances:
(2) Any loss arising from actions or measures taken based on Section 1 of Chapter 1 (including: suspension, cancellation, and/or termination of your BitoPro account and/or prohibiting transactions or freezing funds, etc.) shall not be borne by BitoPro; however, the suspension, cancellation, or termination by BitoPro does not affect fees or other amounts you owe to BitPro, or any other claims or rights BitoPro may have against you under the law.
(3) You fail to complete the verification process described in Section 4 of Chapter 1; or
(4) The Website is unable to function properly due to the following situations (including but not limited to data loss, temporary service interruption), causing you to be unable to use the services normally:
A. During system downtime for maintenance as announced by BitoPro.
B. Due to telecommunications equipment malfunctions preventing data transmission.
C. Losses caused by technical issues that current technology cannot predict or resolve.
D. The freezing of BitoPro's bank accounts at any time.
E. Due to government regulatory measures or changes in government policies.
F. Actions of civil, judicial, governmental, or military authorities, acts of terrorism, insurrections, wars, strikes, typhoons, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, fires, power outages, acts of war, terrorist attacks, viruses, infectious diseases, hacker attacks, or other labor disputes, interruptions in telecommunications, internet services, or internet provider services, equipment and/or software failures, DOS attacks, other disasters, or force majeure factors beyond our reasonable control.
G. Partner banks failing to provide partial or all trust services to BitoPro due to the aforementioned reasons.
H. Other force majeure circumstances or situations not foreseeable by BitoPro, or situations not attributable to BitoPro.
4. You understand and agree that if your assets within your BitoPro account are damaged due to violations of BitoPro's anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, and anti-terrorism regulations or if you are defrauded by collaborative parties, BitoPro and its associates are not liable for any damages or losses that could not be reasonably foreseen.
5. When law enforcement agencies, judicial bodies, or other governmental authorities from various countries present relevant investigation documents and request that BitoPro cooperates by providing your personal data to assist in investigations or judicial actions, or when administrative measures such as account seizing, freezing, or other actions against your account, BitoPro will cooperate by providing the relevant data or carrying out the corresponding actions as required by law. If this results in the disclosure of your privacy or personal data, inability to operate your account, or any other losses, the company shall not bear any responsibility .
7. The services or the Website provided by BitoPro are consider as non-tangible digital content not provided in physical media, or online services that are deemed complete once provided, and are offered with prior consent from consumers. Therefore, according to Article 19, Paragraph 2 of the Consumer Protection Act of the Republic of China (Taiwan), the application of the right of withdrawal stated in Article 19, Paragraph 1 of the Consumer Protection Act is hereby excluded.
Chapter 6. External Websites
1. In order to offer more information and applications related to virtual assets, BitoPro may introduce or reference content and resources from other websites ("External Websites"). You understand and agree that BitoPro neither owns, controls, authorizes, endorses, nor sponsors these External Websites, nor makes any representations or warranties about them. You agree to take precautionary measures and recognize that when you use the services and the Website to link to External Websites, you may encounter offensive, harmful, incorrect, misleading content or content that may violate relevant laws, or viruses and malicious programs. You understand and agree that BitoPro shall not be liable for the following matters:
(1) The availability or accuracy of these websites or resources; or
(2) Content, products, or services displayed or available on these websites or resources.
2. Your connection to the aforementioned websites or resources does not imply any endorsement, ownership, control, authorization, sponsorship or representation or warranty by BitoPro of such websites or resources, or the content, products, or services available on those websites or resources .
3. Through using BitoPro services and the Website, you expressly release BitoPro from any legal liabilities arising from your use of any third-party websites or online resources. You understand and agree that External Websites have independent user terms, privacy policies, and related policies. BitoPro encourages you to read these policies, rules, terms, and regulations before browsing the External Websites. You must take preventive measures to ensure that you are not exposed to items such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other destructive items. You bear full responsibility and assume all risks with your use of such websites or resources.
4. You may deposit and withdraw virtual assets through external virtual asset wallets. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any risks associated with your use of any such external virtual asset wallets, and you expressly release BitoPro from any liabilities arising from your use of any external virtual asset wallets.
Chapter 7. Intellectual Property Rights
1. You acknowledge and agree that, under these Terms, BitoPro grants you a limited, non-transferable, and non-exclusive permission. You may only access and use BitoPro services, content, and the Website for personal, non-commercial purposes.
2. Unless otherwise indicated, all resources on the Website are the property of BitoPro and are protected by copyright law, trademark law, and other applicable laws. You may browse, copy, and download information from the Website on any computer solely for personal, non-commercial purposes and for information provision. However, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices in their entirety.
3. BitoPro’s logos and service marks are used on the Website identified as BitoPro. The trademarks, service marks, and button icons used on the Website are owned by BitoPro. Software, text, images, graphics, databases, products, diagrams, charts, audio, and sound on the Website are all owned by BitoPro. BitoPro logos and information cannot be copied, reproduced, modified, reprinted, uploaded, posted, transmitted, extracted, collected, or distributed in any form or by any means, whether manual or automated. Unauthorized use on other websites or in a public computer network environment is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized use may violate copyright law, trademark law, and other applicable laws and may result in criminal or civil liability.
4. The content and code of the Website are owned by BitoPro and constitute proprietary information of the company. Without the legal authorization of BitoPro, you shall not copy, reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble any feature or program. You shall not attempt in any manner to disrupt or interfere with BitoPro's data and functionalities, nor should you attempt or engage in intruding or damaging any online systems. Otherwise, BitoPro will take legal action.
Chapter 8. Termination of Agreement
1. You understand and agree that BitoPro, in principle, serves its users in a friendly and enthusiastic manner. However, if a user commits actions specified in Chapter 1, Section 1, Articles 3, 5, Section 4, Article 6, Section 5, Article 2, Section 8, Article 2, or Chapter 2 of these Terms, or any actions deemed inappropriate by the platform, BitoPro reserves the right to terminate these Terms and immediately terminate the user's account without any reason or prior notice.
2. Unless otherwise specified in these Terms, if a user violates this agreement and has funds held in their fiat currency trading wallet, BitoPro will, with a notice period of 24 hours or more, ask the user to provide same-name bank account details for a full refund of the balance in the fiat trading wallet. If the user also has virtual asset held in BitoPro's wallet, BitoPro will, with a notice of 24 hours or more, request the user to transfer them out in full. If the user fails to do so or does not meet the minimum transfer standard, it will be deemed an authorization for BitoPro to sell all virtual asset owned by user (using a price reference based on a reasonable period chosen by BitoPro) after the expiration of notice period, and the procedure described above will be applied.
3. The user acknowledges and agrees that if services provided by BitoPro are terminated due to the user's violation of any provisions in these Terms, BitoPro may execute the following settlement procedures:
(1) For virtual assets that BitoPro no longer offers for trading and require manual settlement of virtual assets, the user must pay an additional handling fee of 5,000 NTD per virtual asset.
(2) For virtual assets that BitoPro continues to offer for trading, BitoPro can provide an exchange to fiat currency service and deposit the amount into the bank account details provided by the user.
(3) If the balance in the user's virtual asset wallet or fiat currency trading wallet is insufficient to cover transaction and manual settlement fees, BitoPro reserves the right not to process the transaction.
Chapter 9. Liability for Breach and Limitation of Liability
1. You agree to fully indemnify BitoPro and its affiliates for any damages, compensation, losses, litigation costs, including but not limited to reasonable investigation, accounting, and attorney fees arising out of the following situations:
(1) Violation of any laws, these Terms, additional terms, or any other policies or agreements.
(2) Any dispute between you and any other user of BitoPro services or the Website.
(3) Your violation of any third-party rights, including but not limited to any intellectual property rights, confidential information, or other proprietary rights.
2. You acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, BitoPro and its affiliates are only liable for direct damages caused by intentional or gross negligence in the provision of the service, resulting in third-party intrusion, leading to the operation or tampering of your account. Apart from the aforementioned scenario, BitoPro is only liable for direct damages due to intentional or gross negligence in the provision of its service.
3. You acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the direct damages referred to in these Terms pertain to the damaged property rights themselves and do not include any loss of profits, loss of business opportunities, or any specific, indirect, punitive damages or losses.
4. You acknowledge and agree that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for the scenarios mentioned in Article 1 of Chapter 9, the overall liability limit of BitoPro and its affiliates, or the total service fee you have paid to BitoPro within the six months preceding the damage incident, shall apply. BitoPro and its affiliates shall not be liable for any amount exceeding this limit.
5. These Terms shall continue to apply after the termination or expiration of the Terms or after the user stops using BitoPro's services and the Website.
Chapter 10. Jurisdiction
2. You understand and agree that if any dispute or controversy arises from your use of this website or the services, you should first contact BitoPro. BitoPro aims to resolve any disputes and issues arising from your use of this website and services. Before initiating legal proceedings, we recommend that you contact Bito ([EMAIL: email@example.com; TEL: +886-2-89119333 / +886-2-86668968]) to seek a negotiated resolution.
3. You understand and agree that if the parties are unable to resolve the dispute through negotiation and the matter goes to court, both parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Taipei District Court in Taiwan as the court of first instance.
Chapter 11. Language